Keyword

{SOLVED!} Cannot Order The K2 Items in K2 Category

More
10 years 10 months ago - 10 years 10 months ago #121532 by Benji
I am using Joomla 2.5.16. My K2 version is 2.6.7.

The page I refer to can currently be found here: lesj.moxamedia.com/index.php/lightning-protection-applications

Here is what I have done:

1. I have created a menu item type: K2 Category called "Applications." I have set the ordering for this menu item to "Ordering." The menu item pulls from two categories, "Blank" and "Applications"

2. The ordering for both categories (Blank & Applications) has been set to "Ordering"

3. In the K2 Items list, I have clicked the "Ordering" column and have ordered the items how I would like them to appear. Then I clicked the SAVE icon for ordering to be saved.

4. The category "Blank" does not have any items but the ordering is still set to "Ordering" on the category.

On the page APPLICATIONS, the ordering is NOT WORKING. The ordering that is used seems to be alphabetical ordering. Can someone PLEASE help me? I have been reading for hours on this subject and still cannot find a solution......thought this would be easy with K2 :dry:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #121533 by Benji
Also want to mention that I did try other ordering settings such as Oldest First, Most Recent, etc. etc.

No ordering settings will change the ordering that is displayed.

More
10 years 10 months ago #121534 by Benji
This was caused by an override in my template and NOT K2 issue. Word to the wise for anyone using a purchased or customized templates for K2. Check the files located here:

dir/templates/your_theme/html/com_k2/templates/portfolio(or your template name)/category.php

Look for lines that include "sort"

I found these two lines within the Javascript of this PHP file:

sortBy : 'title',
sortAscending : true,

I just commented the two lines out. Saved the file and uploaded/replaced the one on the server. WORKS NOW! :P